Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you are receiving Working Tax Credit, your child / children are not entitled to free school meals.
If you are entitled to benefits your child may be entitled to Pupil Premium money which can be used by the school to subsidise trips and pay for KS1 milk. It will also give school a certain amount of money that could be used to pay for further support for your child.