Charlie Pickens, Tom Owen, George Mcfie, Thomas McKee and Fearne Hanson are all through to the West Yorkshire Cross Country County Finals – Thursday 8th March 2018.
What a brilliant achievement – congratulations to you all and good luck on Thursday!
The whole school project for this term is ‘Take One Culture’. Each year group has chosen a story set in another culture and have developed a cross-curricular sequence of work, allowing the children to understand a culture different from their own.
The work will be on display for parents/carers to come in and see this Friday between 2-3pm.
Year 3 – Africa – African Masks, making kente cloths, African dance, singing, food tasting, writing African fables)
Year 4 – Captain Cook, dressing up, aboriginal art
Year 5 – Japan ‘Myth of Noto Hanto’
Year 6 – Out of India (Jamila Gavin), Independence and partitian
KS2 Class Teacher
MPR, Permanent, full time, required from 1st September 2018
We are looking for an inspiring, innovative and effective practitioner to join our team. Riverside Junior School is a vibrant community school, situated in the heart of Hebden Bridge. Applications from newly qualified and experienced teachers are warmly welcomed.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent all round curriculum skills and knowledge.
- Be committed to a creative curriculum and offer personlised learning.
- Have enthusiasm and a commitment to high expectations.
- Be a competent and confident user of ICT.
- Enjoy working and planning as part of a team.
In return, we can offer you:
- A school striving to being ‘Outstanding’.
- A warm and friendly school at the heart of our community.
- A strong, supportive staff team and Governing Body committed to raising standards.
- Continued professional development opportunities and support.Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact Sarah Kaler (School Business Manager), email@example.com to book an appointment.Closing date and shortlisting – Thursday 22nd March (deadline for applications 9.30am), Interviews – 27th March. The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Only applications submitted on the Calderdale Council’s application form will be considered. To download an application form, please visit www.calderdale.gov.uk. Please return applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR SCHOOL NEEDS YOU!
Dear parents and carers,
Governors play a crucial role in ensuring schools are successful. Even though Riverside is a very good, and well-led school, it is really important that we have sufficient governors to effectively challenge and support the school and to effectively carry out all the responsibilities of the governing body. We have had a parent governor vacancy for some time that we have, so far, been unable to fill and we now also have a further ‘co-opted’ governor vacancy as a result of the resignation of John Dermo. John has been an excellent and long-standing governor who has played an important part in the school’s improvement in recent years and I would like to thank him on behalf of governors, staff, pupils and parents.
I am hoping that some of you will give consideration to joining the governing body. We are a school that is blessed with many great parents as well as great children and I am sure that many of you have much to offer. If you think you may be interested and would like to find out more please let me know at email@example.com. If you let me have your phone number, we can arrange to speak by phone or face-to-face in school. Any initial discussion will be informal (and friendly!). I will provide details of what is involved so you can make an informed decision about whether or not to put yourself forward.
If, following discussion, you wish to be considered for the parent governor position, this will involve an election among parents if there is more than one candidate. If you wish to be considered for the co-opted position, your informal application (there is no need to put anything in writing) will be considered by the governing body.
More information about the role of governors can be found at http://www.nga.org.uk/Be-a-Governor.aspx
Warning to parents as Snapchat can share your child’s exact location – how to check settings – Yorkshire Post, please see link below:- http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/warning-to-parents-as-snapchat-can-share-your-child-s-exact-location-how-to-check-settings-1-8611227
There have been concerns around a new feature on the Snapchat App which many students use. The new feature allows them to be tracked by their friends, however this has raised a number of concerns about who this information is available to. The Yorkshire Post has published an article on how to ensure that your child’s settings on Snapchat are secure. It also gives a quick guide on how to change and update settings for your child as well.